In case you have a special design request, our graphical design team can work out that specific wish you have. Please contact us to have an overview of what is possible!
Please read this carefully before you send us your artwork files!
- Please send us 300dpi flattened .PDF files in CMYK only. (or Pantone Colors). We don’t accept .INDD/.PSD/.AI or any other files.
- Save as PDF/X-1a:2001, exported without scaling or compression.
- To keep things organized we only accept your artwork if you upload it to us via: deepgrooves.wetransfer.com
- Only send us files with the name of project (cat. no) and the type of file included. And only use the following format for ALL your files (YOUR PROJECT 001 – A1,A2…B1,B2…Sleeve/Label A/Insert… etc)
- For color management use FOGRA39 Euroscale.
- Don’t save visible cutting, folding and punching lines and colorbars in the design you send us, use this only as an example for designing.
- Fill the middleholes of the labels with artwork. Do NOT spare!
- Bleed for Labels, Sleeves, Inserts is 5 mm extra on all sides. Stickers 2mm, Stamps 0mm
Points in order to avoid differences between your design and the finished product.
- Embed fonts or convert them into paths, fonts supplied with the various operating systems can not always be used by us.
- Line and font sizes and thicknesses
- Line thicknesses may not be less than 0.15 mm in positive printing and 0.25 mm in negative printing.
- Line thickness for foil and embossed printing should be at least 0.35 mm.
- Fonts should be at least 5pt in positive printing and at least 7pt in negative printing. Please pay attention to our minimum thicknesses for very fine fonts.
- Black characters and lines with a CMYK background should be overprint, cutout metallic and neon colors in the design.
- The sum of all colors may not exceed 280% of the print coverage.
- For deep black at 100% depth, only use 50% cyan (100T, 50C).
- White writing on black in 1 color, at most 2 colors (+ 50% C).
- Please note that we have a dot gain of about 15% from the file to the print. Be sure contrast for dark colors is at least 15%, for labels or rough background even 20%. So that the individual elements can still be distinguished from one another even after printing.