Vinyl – As Green As Possible –
Thanks to our cutting-edge smart tracking system, which we continuously update with the latest data, we are now able to track our entire ecological footprint regarding our energy consumption, waste, and pollution. We are very proud to say that Deepgrooves is now the only vinyl pressing plant in the world that produces CO2(e) neutral! We are committed to meeting the needs of the music industry to provide high quality products for their artists, labels, and fans in the greenest way possible. It is our mission to produce your vinyl records cleaner, better and more responsibly!
At a time when plastic waste and microplastics are invading the planet’s ecosystem, we feel it is our duty as a company, but also as human beings, to produce your vinyl in an environmentally friendly way. We are currently the greenest vinyl pressing company in the world. Our main goal is to press your vinyl records “As Green As Possible”. Vinyl as you know it but made with the greenest possible raw materials. We are very innovative and pioneers in the sustainable pressing of environmentally friendly vinyl. We do this for the best possible price without compromising on the (sound) quality of the product.
We have already implemented several ecological solutions to create a more sustainable vinyl industry.
What we are already doing to achieve this:
- Our PVC granules, which are used to make the vinylrecords, are based on calcium zinc stabilizers instead of highly toxic heavy metal stabilizers..
- All our machines are powered by green solar and wind energy, as well as green gas, which are all supplied by local suppliers.
- We use an energy-efficient certified infrastructure that meets current energy standards.
- Our factory is 100% circular in terms of recycling, waste management and energy use.
- We remove labels from incorrectly pressed records and turn the remaining vinyl into recycled granules for internal and external recycling processes.
- To reduce single-use plastic waste, we have stopped shrink-wrapping vinyl records and now offer greener alternatives such as PP and PE sleeves and reusable seal bags.
- We use environmentally friendly FSC-certified paper and cardboard for our printed products, as well as eco-friendly and vegan ink from trusted manufacturers such as the Huber Group and Rapida Eco.
- Our packages are shipped in eco-friendly heavy-duty FSC-certified cardboard boxes with biodegradable paper adhesive tape. Larger shipments are shipped on 100% recycled wooden pallets with biodegradable wrapping made of 50% sugar cane.
- We recycle our useless cardboard waste and use it for packaging and transporting purposes whenever possible.
- Worldwide we ship all our packages climate neutral. To optimize our logistics and reduce our ecological footprint even further, we collaborate with companies that use empty truck spaces for optimal ecological transport.
- Our website and project management software run on servers that use green energy.
Our aim is to encourage and inspire artists and labels to embrace vinyl production without environmental guilt. Our entire staff is dedicated to implementing and expanding our ECO policy, and as a team, we believe we can initiate change within our industry. We also aim to motivate other companies to collaborate with us in developing eco-friendly products for a better future.
Together we can make a difference and contribute to a fully sustainable world!
Here you can download the Deepgrooves Eco Friendly Vinyl logo and use it in your record sleeve design. If desired, we can also place a small sticker (10 mm) of our Eco Friendly Vinyl logo on the bottom right of your record sleeve for free. This way you can show buyers that the record was pressed in the greenest vinyl pressing plant in the world.